I know I came across this recipe on tastespotting, but I don't remember the blog. I had tried about 20 different chocolate chip cookies recipes before I stumbled across this one. I was very determined to find the perfect recipe for me. The reason I love these cookies so much is because they are crunchy and gooey at the same time. So to me they are the perfect chocolate chip cookies. Another great thing about the recipe is that you can make as few cookies as you'd like at a time and stick the dough back in the fridge and it will keep a day or two.
1 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1 stick of unsalted butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
1 cup of dark chocolate chips
1. Whisk flour, salt and baking soda together. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, beat the butter for about a minute. Then add the sugars and beat for another two minutes until well-blended and creamy. Beat in the vanilla.
3. Add in the egg.
4. At the mixer's lowest setting, add flour mixture a little at a time until all incorporated.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips. Reserve a handful for later. Refrigerate dough for about 30 minutes.
6. On a lined baking sheet with parchment paper, spoon rounded tablespoons of cookie dough on sheet.
7. Bake them in preheated oven 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
8. Turn half way and let cool.